Monday, August 8, 2011

Happy Birthday Munch and things I've learned...

 One year ago today, I was preparing myself for a moment that I knew would change my life forever; The birth of my daughter, Jennsen Amelie. She came into the world with all the flair that was to be expected, and on her her own time schedule. Yep, Jennsen wasn't coming out until she was good and ready, but after 6 hours and 40 minutes of labor, there she was, all 7 pounds and 13 ounces of her!! Since she came into our life, she has changed it for the better, and thrown us some education curveballs along the way =)

3 months
6 months
9 months
I honestly thought that I would take to motherhood so easy. I mean I had siblings that were nine and eleven years younger than me, but that wasn't the case. This was my flesh and blood, which made the stress to succeed at this thing called "parenting" so much harder. But, for me I wouldn't have had it any other way. Not only have I been graced with an amazing little girl, I have the love and never ending support of my amazing husband. He has been my rock, my sounding board, my partner and I now I couldn't have made it through this last year without him., and if he is reading this..I love you!!

I have also learned some things along this journey so far:
1. Like first and most importantly, yes breastmilk is ideal for your infant, but guess what? Formula fed children thrive just as well!! It doesn't matter what they are being fed, as long as they are being loved!!
2. Just because I take my child to daycare, doesn't mean I should be looked at differently, and yes, there are parent out there that judge this choice. As much as my husband and I would love to be able to stay at home with our daughter, bills still have to get paid, therefore two working parents is necessary.
3. Yes, I know that when my child is sick it builds up her immune system, but I do not need to hear this tidbit of information, every time she gets the sniffles.
4. It does not how small an item on the floor is, my child will pick it up and put it in her mouth. This also applies to the moment I am done cleaning the floor. Inevitably, she will find the one thing that I missed and where does it go? In her mouth!!
5. Mother hood is not easy!! It is a lesson in patience, understanding and compassion.

Happy 1st Birthday!!
Lastly to you, my beautiful birthday girl: You have filled my life with so much love and joy!! I am honored to be the one that gets to watch you grow and thrive. Thank you for choosing me to be your mommy, and I hope that you will always be proud to be my little girl!! Happy Birthday Munchkin!!








No comments:

Post a Comment